The perfect item for your play store cash register or make sense of word problems involving money with these fun currency sets. Students can use different combinations of bills and coins to express the same amount and demonstrate how they reached their conclusion.
Each set contains 85 pieces and include 10c, 20c, 50c, R1, R2, R5, R10, R20, R50, R100, R200 and a credit card.
Some fun Play Money activities:
• Keep a jar of coins handy for sorting, matching and counting.
• Look at coins using a magnifying glass and describe what they look like.
• Place coins in order according to their value.
• Sort coins into piles – add the amounts in each pile.
• Stack coins in tens.
• Spin a coin to start a game -heads or tails.
• Make coin rubbings on paper with wax crayons – paste the rubbings into a scrap book.
• Make your own notes using templates with animal pictures.
• Play shop:
* Draw or cut out pictures of items you would buy in a shop.
* Put price tags on each item.
* Find the coins needed to purchase the items.